- How does NFC work?
- NFC requires no power source/battery. It works via establishing radio communication (13.56 MHz) when bringing a smart phone or device close to a sticker or tag. It is a short-range, low power wireless link evolved from radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology that can transfer small amounts of data between two devices held a few centimeters from each other. By tapping your phone against a contactless payment terminal in a store for example, information can be transmitted between the two devices to transfer payments. They are usually read only but they can be rewritable and can be used over and over again.
- Who am I dealing with at NFC Products?
- NFC Products was founded in January 2013 drawing knowledge from a team with a great deal of experience within the security/technology and communications field with that of a sales/marketing and customer delivery background. We are based in the heart of the UK in Cheshire.
- Can I encode the tags/stickers myself?
- If you wish you can encode small quantities yourself as this is fairly easy to do from an NFC enabled device. Download an app for encoding for example, NXP tagwriter, this can be done from our links page. The link shows all the various uses for NFC and a video of how to encode the tags yourself.
- Can NFC Products encode the tags/stickers for me?
- For larger numbers we do offer a fast and efficient encoding service so the tags are ready to use as soon as you receive them. We can tailor this service to your exact needs and requirements. We charge 10p per item for encoding. We would be happy to discuss this with you further or please contact us at email@example.com for further information.
- I want my NFC product custom printed, how do I go about ordering this?
- To order custom print products please visit our dedicated Custom Print section. On each product page you will see a “How to order” guide. This will take you through each step of the order process. Please note there is a 3-4 week lead time on all custom print and ID print items. For custom print there is a minimum order quantity of 1000 for NFC tags and minimum order quantity of 5000 for NFC labels. If you require a smaller quantity than this, please advise us as this may be possible however there will be an additional printing charge.
- What happens if I want my tags/sticker encoded with various different information?
- No problem. If you require some tags encoded with different information, say 100 tags with a store discount and 100 tags with website information, please enter these items as separate baskets on checkout so this can be clearly identified.
- Could someone change the information on the tag without my knowledge?
- If we are encoding the tags on your behalf you can select either a ‘locked’ option or ‘unlocked’ in the online store. If you select ‘locked’ we will encode and lock the tag so it cannot be altered and it will be secure with the content you have requested. If you select ‘unlocked’ then this can overwritten by yourself (or someone else). We always recommend locking the tags so they cannot be changed. If you need help with this please contact us.
- When will my products be dispatched and when will I receive them?
- In Stock Items:
Our company aim is to dispatch all in stock items on the same day as we receive the order. If the order reaches us by 2.30pm (GMT) we will dispatch your order the same day by your chosen method of postage (please see our postage options on our shipping page prior to checkout). If we receive your order after 2.30pm (GMT) then we will dispatch in stock items the following day, again by your chosen method of postage.
Special Order items and Custom Print:
If the items are not in stock or if we are custom printing items for you we will let you know how soon we can get your items to you. The lead time on custom printed or non stock items is between 2 -4 weeks. We have various postage options available on the online store, just choose which best suits your needs. We deliver items all over the World. If you have any special requirements at all, please contact us or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I get started with my first NFC pack?
- Have a browse through our online store. We have various starter packs which are great for getting to know the products and for trying out encoding the products yourself. Have a play with the items and then see which best suits your requirements for your project. All the items in our starter packs are clearly marked so you can reorder larger quantities of your chosen products or find out more on our website. We have a product search on our homepage so you can do this easily. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us or e-mail email@example.com.
- What will my customers/the end user think of using NFC products?
- NFC is a quick, easy and effective technology that could give your business the leading edge over your competitors. Once the tag/sticker is encoded the customer can easily tap their NFC enabled device to it to retrieve information on anything you choose. It is a great marketing tool as one touch and the customer has all the information you want them to have in their hand. Simple but effective! Better still NFC is a clean, green source of information, no more leaflets, promotional material to print. Save those trees – NFC does its bit for the environment too!